Air Filtration Systems in Fresno, CA by Donald P. Dick Air ConditioningGive us a call today: 559-255-1644
You spend a good amount of time in your home. Shouldn’t you be breathing clean, quality air while you’re there? Your home builds up stores of dust, irritants, dander, and other particles that you breathe in every single day. Having the right air filtration system in place helps you and your family breathe cleaner, healthier air to prevent “sick building syndrome” and alleviate the symptoms of allergies and asthma at the same time. Our indoor air quality experts understand every aspect of installing and maintaining these systems in your home.
- Quality Filtration System Options to Choose From
- Installed by Experienced, Trusted Technicians
- Better Air Quality Than You’ve Experienced Before
Your family deserves to breathe in cleaner, clearer air, and that starts today. Allow our family of trustworthy technicians to provide a solution that benefits everyone in your house. It’s time you all start breathing better.
Contact Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning to install air filtration systems or maintain existing ones in Fresno, CA.
How Does an Upgraded Air Filter Do a Better Job Than the Standard One?
If you’ve seen an HVAC air filter, you know that the air filter is a square–shaped frame with material, known as filter media, stretched to all four sides of the frame. It is the filter media that makes all the difference between capturing certain contaminants and not capturing them. In an upgraded air filter, the filter media is typically folded in a v–fold several times, and the weave of the material itself is very tight so that it can capture contaminants as they pass through the material. The better the filter media, the more contaminants will be captured.
Is There a Measurement to Determine How Good a Filter Will Be?
Yes, there is, and it’s called MERV. MERV stands for minimum efficiency reporting value, and it is a measurement that functions on a scale of 1 to 20, with 1 being the lowest. Filter media can vary widely in quality, so here is a general overview of what kinds of particles can be captured at different MERV values:
- MERV 1–4 – at this rating, which is the rating where your standard air filter will, fall, provides minimal air filtration. Particles captured by this type of air filter can’t be smaller than 10 microns, which are fairly large particles.
- MERV 5–8 – filters in this MERV range can capture particles 3 microns and larger. Examples of contaminants captured at this rating are some mold and mildew spores, very fine dust particles, dust mites, pollen and pet dander.
- MERV 9–12 – an air filter of this MERV range can capture contaminants in the 1–3 micron range; this means it can capture all of the above in addition to some bacteria and virus organisms.
Contact our team today to learn more about the air filtration systems that we offer in Fresno, CA!
Serving the Greater Fresno, CA Area
Do we serve your neighborhood?