Duct Testing Fresno CAGive us a call today: 559-255-1644
Your ducts affect your indoor air quality, which means if they have leaks, cracks, and holes in them, your access to clean indoor air is impacted. Duct sealing tests the integrity of your ductwork to identify flaws so an experienced technician can seal them. Your ducts have pressured, forced air that runs through them. Leaks and other duct issues negatively affect that and reduce your home comfort in the process.
- Improve Your Home’s Energy Efficiency
- Detect Faults in Your Current Duct System
- Accurate Testing by Experienced Technicians
Duct testing points out the flaws in your home, and our technicians are ready to propose a path forward after testing concludes. We know how important your home’s air quality and efficiency is; let us tackle this and take the burden off your shoulders.
Contact Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning for duct testing services in Fresno, CA.
How Is My Ductwork Tested?
To test the pressurization in your air ducts, our experts will use one of two tests (or both if needed), to determine how your ductwork is functioning. These two tests are:
- The blower door test – a blower door test is conducted by attached a specialized tool called a blower door to the main door in your home. This apparatus is equipped with a large blower fan and several air measuring tools. Your house is sealed on the inside, and the blower door fan pulls air from the home; air leakage is detected in your home, including the ductwork, by measuring how much outdoor air escapes to the indoors.
- The Duct Blaster test – this test is specifically designed to test your ductwork alone. The Duct Blaster is also a fan that is equipped with calibration equipment. Your ducts are sealed accept for one return duct, to which the Blaster is attached. The fan then forces air into your ductwork so your Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning technician can measure if your ductwork is losing pressure, and pinpoint those areas.
For more information on how Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning performs duct testing in Fresno, CA, give us a call today.
When Should I Schedule Ductwork Testing?
Here are some instances when you should really schedule duct testing in Fresno, CA:
- New home purchase – if you have recently purchased a new home that uses ductwork for heating and cooling, it’s important to know what kind of shape your ductwork is in.
- New AC or heating installation – are you building a home that needs a new HVAC system, or do you need to replace an aging, outdated one? Testing your ductwork will help ensure that you gain all the benefits your new HVAC system has to offer.
- Every 2–3 years for your home – if you’ve been in your home for a while and aren’t moving anytime soon, it’s a good idea to have your ductwork tested every 2–3 years to ensure that the ductwork is working effectively.