Procrastinating on replacing the air conditioner in your Fresno area home? Seven reasons not to avoid replacing A/C:
- You’ll save money. When you’re replacing an air conditioning system, you could save 20-40 percent on your energy bills, with the most savings accumulating if you’re replacing A/C that’s 10 years or older. Remember, the higher the SEER rating of your new cooling system, the higher the savings. SEER, or seasonal energy efficiency ratio, measures how much electricity your A/C converts into cooling during an entire season. High-efficiency A/Cs usually start at 16 SEER.
- You could qualify for tax incentives. Federal tax credits of $500 may be available on select high-efficiency central A/Cs and heat pumps. Other incentives may be available from manufacturers, utilities, and local and state governments.
- It’s green. When you run your air conditioner, it’s not only good for your pocketbook, but for the environment. Newer systems use less energy and run on EPA-approved R-410A chlorine-free refrigerant, an improvement over the old ozone-depleting R-22.
- The warranty’s got you covered. Your new system will be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty and typically run 10 years.
- It’s convenient. You won’t have to wait for the repair technician or replacement parts like you will if your old system breaks down.
- It’s good for your health. Air quality is improved due to better humidity control and air filtration with newer A/C systems. Some systems offer enhanced filtration to further improve air quality.
- You’ll be more comfortable. More consistent temperatures and reduced humidity help you and your family live more comfortably.
For more information on replacing your old A/C system, please contact us at Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning. Our family business has been serving the Fresno area with reliable skilled technicians for almost 40 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about A/C replacement and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock