While some homeowners may choose to use electric heating systems, most prefer to use natural gas. Natural gas is more affordable than electricity, and it can be used to fuel stoves, water heaters, and other appliances, as well. As is the case with oil, propane, and other combustible fuels, though, the burning of natural gas can lead to the creation of carbon monoxide.
It is important that you have carbon monoxide detectors installed throughout your home in order to protect you from this dangerous gas. A properly operating heater will vent this and other flue gases out of your home. When it comes to your heating in Kingsburg, CA, however, you can never be too careful.