For occasions when homeowners need to hire an HVAC contractor to perform repairs, service or installation, choosing a NATE-certified contractor ensures that you’ll get expert, high-quality work.
NATE, or North American Technician Excellence, is an independent, non-profit organization created by and for the HVAC industry to self-monitor and promote expert work. It is given such high designation for several reasons:
- It’s made up of industry experts who help to guide the organization, including professionals from utility companies, HVAC companies and HVAC manufacturers.
- Unlike other certification companies, NATE doesn’t promote a product. Therefore, when it tests technicians, there isn’t any motivation to pass applicants.
- NATE status lasts for five years. After that, to maintain NATE certification, technicians must take a test again. This ensures that technicians that represent NATE continually upgrade their knowledge and stay current with state-of-the-art technology and safety standards.
To achieve NATE certification, technicians must pass a series of rigorous exams designed to test contractors’ working knowledge of day-to-day situations they encounter in the field. A contractor can hold multiple certifications, but must pass a primary test on standard HVAC knowledge. Then a specialty in installation or service is chosen from among several areas of expertise, including air conditioning, air distribution, gas or oil furnaces, heat pumps, hydronics, refrigeration and efficiency.
When you hire the best of the best and use a NATE-certified contractor, you ensure that the job is done well the first time around. The value of using a NATE technician benefits you in many ways. Here are a few examples:
- When a repair is done well, you don’t have to deal with troublesome problems returning.
- When heating or cooling systems are maintained by a NATE expert, you can expect them to operate at peak efficiency, and you’ll get increased energy savings.
- You can expect fewer repairs when your systems perform at top capacity.
- You are a satisfied customer, with premium home comfort.
The expert technicians here at Donald P. Dick Air Conditioningare NATE certified. We wear our badges proudly, and we value its impact for our customers. Contact us anytime to schedule service, repair or installation.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about NATE certification and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Donald P Dick Air Conditioning services the greater Fresno area in California. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!