Whether you’re adding forced-air heating and cooling systems to your home or you want to renovate your existing ductwork, you’ll want proper ductwork design and installation that’s tailored for your home. At Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning, we provide custom designs that help your heating and cooling system deliver the highest indoor comfort possible. With our more than 40 years of experience, you know you’ve come to the right place.
Goals of proper ductwork design and installation
You may think that ductwork design is an easy process that anyone can do. However, because of issues such as sizing, layout, style and materials, it’s actually a very complex process. The goals of proper ductwork design and installation include:
- To provide conditioned air to each room based on specific heating and cooling loads.
- To maintain a pressure drop that meets the manufacturer’s guidelines through properly sized ductwork.
- To promote clean indoor air by sealing ductwork properly.
- To balance return and supply airflow so the home stays at a neutral pressure.
- To minimize heat gain and loss by installing ductwork in conditioned spaces, or insulating sections that run through unconditioned spaces.
How we meet the goals of proper ductwork design and installation
We recognize the importance of planning a ductwork design that is customized to your needs. While we have standard installation methods that we use with each design, no two completed projects end up looking exactly alike. To help us meet the goals of proper ductwork design and installation, we:
- Inspect the project in person.
- Perform heat load calculations.
- Size ductwork for proper airflow and comfort in each room.
- Determine what type of supply duct layout will work best.
- Establish a return duct system that maintains neutral pressure and keeps every room at as consistent a temperature as possible.
- Introduce the idea of zoning systems and help you decide if it’s practical or necessary for your home.
To begin your custom ductwork design and installation, please contact Donald P. Dick Air Conditioningtoday. Our dedication to Fresno customers dates back to 1970.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about ductwork and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock