Annual heating system service is the easiest, most affordable way to make sure your heating equipment is prepared for the winter. You’ll save money and stay comfortable no matter how cold the Fresno winter gets.
If you use a fuel-burning furnace, a quality HVAC professional will check every aspect of your system:
- Test system efficiency with advanced tools.
- Shut down power to the system.
- Clean the combustion chamber.
- Inspect the flue pipe.
- Replace the oil filter.
- Change the air filter.
- Adjusting the burner.
- Testing the efficiency of the system once again.
- Cleaning the floor vents.
Comprehensive tune-ups for heat pump systems are also a good idea.
Some homeowners think it’s a good idea to perform the tune-up on their own but professionals have the knowledge and experience to notice even the smallest issues. They can tweak the system and make corrections and repairs on the fly that a less-experienced person would not notice.
Annual tune-ups offer several benefits that every home needs:
- Save on energy with increased efficiency. Heating your home consumes about 29 percent of a typical home’s energy use for the entire year. Think about the fact that all that consumption occurs in just a few months, and you will understand how critical it is to maximize efficiency.
- Avoid costly breakdowns. The dirt, debris and other pollutants that infiltrate your heating equipment put strain on your components and can result in a surprise breakdown. These system failures are most likely to occur when the weather is coldest because that’s when demand on the equipment is highest.
- Protect your family’s health. Carbon monoxide is always a concern when you’re dealing with fuel-burning heating equipment. One of the biggest reasons to have the system cleaned and serviced is to make sure that your furnace isn’t leaking carbon monoxide, and that any CO resulting from combustion is vented safely out of your home.
- It’s easy and affordable. Pricing for annual heating system service is very reasonable. It’s certainly more affordable than emergency service, buying a new unit or covering the more expensive heating bills that will result if you skip the tune-up.
To schedule your annual heating system service before the winter cold arrives, contact Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning. We’ve been helping homeowners in the greater Fresno area save money and stay comfortable for nearly four decades.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about heating systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock