Finding quality HVAC customer service can seem like a difficult task. If you keep an eye out for these five things, you can find the right business or technician to get the job done professionally.
- A good HVAC technician will listen to you and take notes. The technician may be able to pinpoint or solve problems with your HVAC system by paying attention to issues you have noticed or concerns that you may have. As you voice your concerns, he should be listening. This can save both his time and your money.
- Professional technicians should also set reasonable expectations for HVAC customer service. There may be problems they are incapable of fixing. If this is the case, the technician should tell you up front and recommend a specialist to do the job. You don’t want a contractor spending hours trying to fix something he is unqualified to work on. This wastes time and can cause further maintenance issues. The tech should also offer a reasonable time frame in which he can finish the job.
- The technician should be polite and professional, addressing you by name and using social niceties. He should not interrupt you when you’re speaking and should respond to all of your concerns. A good, professional technician knows that the customer comes first, and will make you feel comfortable.
- Being prepared and getting the job done efficiently is also important. He should come equipped to meet your needs, and should do it without wasting time. Full attention should be given to the task at hand.
- Lastly, going the extra mile is an important quality to look for in your technician. After the job is done, he should ask you if there is anything else he can do for you, or if you have any questions. He also can make recommendations for regular maintenance that will help your equipment run smoothly in the future.
We’re confident that you’ll find all of the ingredients of quality HVAC customer service with at Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning. For over 40 years, we have been serving the Fresno area. Contact us today.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC customer service and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Champ008/Shutterstock”