More work is involved in home HVAC maintenance than you may realize. By signing up for an HVAC service agreement, you’ll help ensure top-notch home comfort all year round. Here’s a look at what you can expect from a preventative maintenance check-up, which should take place in the spring for your cooling equipment and in the fall for your heating equipment:
At Every HVAC Check-Up, a Technician:
- Checks the thermostat settings to ensure you’re getting the most out of your system. Remember, you should choose a programmable thermostat so you can set the temperature back while you’re away or sleeping to maximize savings and enjoy home comfort year round.
- Tightens electrical connections and takes measurements of voltages and currents. This prevents faulty electrical connections, which can lead to unsafe operation.
- Lubricates moving parts to reduce friction, which lowers operational costs and extends the life of your equipment.
- Checks system controls including the start, run and shut-off cycles to ensure everything is operating smoothly.
- Cleans and adjusts the blower motor to ensure proper airflow, which is essential for home comfort.
Additional Inspections in the Spring:
- Inspecting the condensate drain will ensure that it’s carrying away excess moisture properly. That way, your cooling equipment can effectively dehumidify your home in the summer.
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils on air conditioners and heat pumps helps make the system run more efficiently, saving you money and conserving energy.
- Inspecting the refrigerant level of cooling equipment is important for a system to run efficiently and avoid breakdowns.
Additional Inspections in the Fall:
- Checking gas or oil connections prevents your heating equipment from becoming a fire danger or health hazard.
- Cleaning the burners and inspecting the heat exchanger help your system operate more quietly and safely.
At Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning, we offer preventative maintenance services to help support home comfort all year round. To learn more about our services, or to sign up for an HVAC service agreement, please contact us. We have nearly 40 years of experience serving San Joaquin Valley homeowners.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC service agreements and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.