You want to relax at home after a long day but instead, you find yourself trying to discover the source of a strange noise. No one else in the house is making the noise and you can’t seem to figure out the cause. Do you have a spooky specter that is trying to get your attention?
Thankfully, unless you are also seeing some floating chairs, your issue is likely of a more earthly nature–you may just need to get a technician out to your house for an air conditioning repair in Fresno, CA.
Strange Noises May Be a Warning From Your AC Unit
At the end of the cooling season, you may notice that your air conditioner starts to make some odd noises. This can be an indicator that your system needs repairs and, trust us, you don’t want to wait on getting those repairs taken care of. The longer that you wait to address repair needs the more likely it is that they will worsen or even develop into an early replacement.
Noises that your air conditioner might make can include:
- Rattling: usually due to loose parts.
- Buzzing: indicating issues with the electrical components.
- Hissing: due to either duct leaks, a refrigerant leak, or a clogged filter.
- Screeching: caused by metal scraping metal such as with a dry motor belt.
If something doesn’t sound right when you run your air conditioner, don’t hesitate to talk to a professional technician to identify what might be causing the problem.
Additional Signs Your AC Needs Some End-of-the-Season Service
Of course, strange noises aren’t going to be the only sign that something is wrong with your air conditioner. Be on the alert for other indicators like these that will warn you about a possible issue within your system the has developed towards the end of the cooling season:
- Increasing energy bills: Have you notice an uptick in your monthly dues? It may be caused by a problem with your AC unit.
- Leaking fluid: It might be a clogged condensate drain or a refrigerant line leak–in either case, it means your system needs repairs. Leaking fluids will only get worse over time and can damage your home too.
- Weak airflow: The flow of air from your AC system should be strong. If it isn’t, check the filter to see if it needs to be changed out. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, it means it is time to call in a professional.
- Short cycling: Your system turns on for a few minutes, then shuts off, then starts right back up. This is known as short cycling. It is extremely hard on your AC and it is both a sign of a problem and a result of one.
Even if you don’t think you’ll be using your AC much more this year, it is well worth it to have it checked out if it has begun to struggle. Getting repairs now can save you a world of trouble next summer.
Contact Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning for your system services. We strive to provide honest answers and solutions to the problems our customers experience while remaining highly competitive in price, and offer the fastest turnaround you can find!