You are enjoying a nice day at home with the family, maybe doing some reading or watching a movie together. Then, seemingly from nowhere, you start hearing a strange noise…and it is getting louder! Maybe you try to ignore it and turn up the volume on the TV, but then you start to notice that things aren’t nearly as comfortable at home as they were earlier.
Altogether, these things add up to mean something may be up with your air conditioner! If you aren’t sure what noises may be a cry for help from your AC, check out the list we’ve provided for you here.
These Sounds Spell AC Trouble
If you pick up on one or more of these noises, then it is likely you need to contact our team of professionals for AC repairs in the near future:
- Humming or buzzing: Does it sound like your AC is humming? This isn’t something to ignore, even if the noise isn’t that loud. This could mean electrical problems or even indicate loose wires.
- Screaming or screeching: These noises are going to be pretty hard to ignore, loud or not! Screaming or screeching sounds are usually indicators of metal scraping metal in your AC, likely due to a motor belt needing lubrication or even a loose fan blade hitting the sides of the unit.
- Hissing: No there isn’t a tire deflating behind your walls or in your ceiling, but it is likely that your ductwork is leaking air. A leak in your ducts is bad for your system’s efficiency and your comfort. There is also a chance that the hissing noise is caused by a refrigerant leak which is just as bad.
- Rattling: Rattling is never a good noise to hear either. It might be a loose bolt or screw, or some type of loose debris bouncing around your ducts. Make sure to get this noise checked out before more damage is caused.
- Banging: Last and certainly not least we have a banging noise. This is always going to be a bad sign because it is going to signal that you have ductwork that is expanding and contracting aggressively, usually caused by an improperly sized AC.
What to Do When You Hear Trouble
Have you heard any of the noises listed above? Or maybe you listened to more than one noise for a few weeks and you are finally ready to get all that racket to stop. If you have a noisy air conditioner, your best option is to reach out for professional repair services provided by a professional HVAC technician.
When you work with our technicians at Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning you are going to get the best possible quality of service that is provided safely and in a timely manner.
We strive to provide honest answers and solutions to the problems our customers experience while remaining highly competitive in price, and offer the fastest turnaround you can find! Contact Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning today to schedule your air conditioner repairs in Fresno.