Are you a Fresnohomeowner in search of reliable HVAC advice for while you’re away on that much-needed vacation? Going on vacation isn’t as simple as packing up your bags and loading up the car or RV.
Here are a few tips to remember before you leave:
- Turn off the water. After determining where the shut-off valve is inside your home, turn it off as well as the supply line to your washing machine hose.
- If you have what some would consider luxury items (boats, kayaks, RV’s, etc.) place them inside the garage or shed with a durable lock.
- Take out the trash. If you are going to be away for a week or even months, nothing would be worse than returning to the stench of old trash — especially food items.
- Leave a few lights on; have your mail and newspapers picked up by a neighbor you trust. Also leave contact information so they may contact you if the need arises.
- Here is some good HVAC advice: check out your heating/cooling system. Make sure there are no leaks that can be detected. You may want to have a technician come out and check for any problems before you leave. Repairs and maintenance prior to your vacation can mean peace of mind while you are away and worry-free air conditioning when you return.
- Turn your water heater down, but not off. You want to save energy while you are away, but you do not want to return and find that you can’t light the pilot.
Everyone looks forward to a vacation, but don’t be in too big of a hurry. By taking our HVAC advice and putting a few precautionary measures in place, you can enjoy your vacation and return to a home that’s worry free.
For nearly 40 years, Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning has provided the San Joaquin Valley with exceptional heating and cooling services. Have questions or need further HVAC advice? Contact us, and we’ll be happy to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Donald P Dick Air Conditioning services the greater Fresno area in California. To get started, check out our website.