“Wait, why are we talking about heaters? It’s hot enough right now!”
We get that a heating subject may seem strange to see right now but there is a reason we are bringing this up. What better time to get maintenance for a system than before you need to use it? After all, this makes it easier to get the work done without asking you to sacrifice the use of that system while you’d rather have it running.
Before the cold weather arrives (and let’s be honest our nights have already begun to get chilly), we want to make sure that you get your appointment on the calendar for heater maintenance in Fresno. We’ll also explain why it is so important to get this job done every year.
What Maintenance Entails For Your Heater
Maintenance is a service that helps your heater enjoy less stress over the course of the season. When a technician performs this service, they tighten loose parts, clean heating elements or burners, checking system wiring, change filters, lubricate belts, and more. All of this adds up to allow your heater to perform better and struggle less.
The Benefits of Yearly Professional Heater Maintenance
As we’ve explained, there is a lot that is taken care of during a maintenance service. But how does all of this help? The tasks accomplished during maintenance provide the following benefits:
- Better energy efficiency: Each year that your heater is in operation, it stands to lose up to 5% of its overall energy efficiency. Yearly maintenance can prevent this, preserving up to 95% of the system’s original efficiency up to the end of its lifespan.
- Improved heating: When your heater isn’t having to struggle to get its job done despite dirt build-up or loose parts, it will be better able to heat your home. It will also be able to do so more quickly.
- Fewer repair needs: A well-maintained heater is also going to be less prone to needing repairs. In fact, regular tune-ups can help to prevent up to 85% of the system’s repairs that could occur otherwise in its lifespan.
- Improved safety: Your heater will be able to operate more safely when it gets regular tune-ups. This is because maintenance reduces the chances of repairs which also reduces the chance that those issues can turn into safety hazards.
- Validates warranty: Last but not least, you will also enjoy the knowledge that the warranty on your system will remain valid, helping you keep the cost of your repairs and tune-ups that much more affordable too.
Whether you book maintenance this week or the next, make sure to have a professional technician be the one you are talking to. DIY or amateur work can lead to major issues, leaving your heater worse off than before. What’s more, skipping professional service may void your warranty.
Book your next heater tune-up with Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning. We strive to provide honest answers and solutions to the problems our customers experience while remaining highly competitive in price, and offer the fastest turnaround you can find!