The dryer vent in your Fresno area home could be clogged with lint at this very moment and you wouldn’t even know it. Most homeowners will clean the lint trap of their dryer but then overlook the entire vent system. This could be a costly and potentially damaging mistake. Thankfully, professional vent cleaning can provide many benefits for your home including:
- Decreased Energy Cost and Better Energy Efficiency – A dryer whose vent is caked with lint and debris will increase the amount of energy you consume.
- Reduction in Time – A clogged vent reduces the dryer’s ability to properly dry the clothing. This means having to re-dry the items a second or even third time.
- Prevent Fires – According to the National Fire Protection Agency, 18,000 structure fires occur annually in the U.S. that are caused by blocked or clogged vents.
- Improved indoor air quality – A clogged dryer vent means the lint-filled air that’s suppose to vent outside is instead venting inside.
The vent system of your dryer is made up of many components, which include:
- Lint trap or funnel connect to the dryer exhaust.
- Dryer exhaust located at the back of the dryer.
- Transition hose that transports the heated moist lint into the vent elbow.
- Vent elbow coming out of the wall that connects to the vent inside the wall.
- Vertical vent that runs from the vent elbow and exits through the vent roof exhaust.
- Vent roof exhaust that allows the heated and moist air from the dryer to escape outside.
All these parts of the system can become clogged with dryer lint overtime. Fortunately, a professional cleaning will include a thorough inspection and removal of any lint or debris that has built up inside the system. The service person will employ clot blusters, brushes, drill, flexirod and forced air to ensure the vent is clean and functioning properly.
For more information about how to keep your dryer vent clean, contact the experts at Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning. For almost 40 years, we have provided superior HVAC and home comfort services to the Fresno area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about dryer vents and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Avesun/Shutterstock”