When your heating or cooling system experiences a hiccup, your family’s comfort is on hold until you resolve the problem. But if you schedule routine maintenance on your HVAC system, you’re more likely to identify potential problems before something malfunctions. Similar to maintaining your car, scheduling a professional HVAC diagnostic serves as a periodic tuneup so you can stay cool in summer and warm in winter without any uncomfortable interruptions.
Other than maintaining your family’s year-round comfort, routine HVAC diagnostic tests provide these three key benefits:
- Lower utility bills. A well-maintained system is more energy efficient, which reduces your power bills.
- Extended life of your system. You’ll save money by extending equipment service life and postponing the need to replace it.
- Improved indoor air quality. Dust particles are stirred up in forced-air heating and cooling systems, which can compromise your family’s health. By regularly replacing or cleaning your air filter, depending on what type you have, you can improve your home’s air quality.
Here are some essential tasks for a professional HVAC diagnostic tune-up:
- Check thermostats. Ensure the location is suitable, the settings are efficient and the connections are working properly.
- Test motor functions. Adjust loose connections and lubricate moving motor parts.
- Inspect the condensate drain. If the drain is clogged, water can back up into your home and mold can form.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils. Dirty coils make your air conditioner work harder to keep your home cool, which drive up your cooling costs.
- Check blower components. Blowers control airflow, and faulty blower components can tax your system, which increases your utility costs.
- Measure gas pressure. Insufficient or excessive gas pressure in a furnace may create safety and health hazards.
Our experts at Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning can help with any HVAC diagnostic questions you may have for your Fresno area home. Ask about our Super Saver program, a cost-efficient maintenance program that helps you eliminate the guesswork of what needs to be done and when, to keep your heating and cooling system in proper running order.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC diagnostics and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock