Fresno’s abundant sunlight may not be what homeowners want during the summer, when passive solar heat gain makes staying cool a challenge. But you can put the sunlight to good use by transforming it into solar power. There are several benefits of going solar that every homeowner should consider.
Benefits of Solar Power for Your Home
- Cut down on your energy bill – Depending on your home location and available roof space, the power from solar panels can drastically reduce or even eliminate your need for power from the grid. That means lower energy bills without any additional work on efficiency or conservation.
- Stable energy – Fuel prices and city utilities can fluctuate in cost, but you won’t have to worry about it when you’re generating your own power.
- Cooler attic spaces – Solar energy hits your roof, heats the attic, and radiates down into your home. With solar panels, that light is intercepted and turned into usable electricity for your home while reducing your need for cooling.
- Increased property value – If you plan on selling your home, solar energy can make it more attractive to potential buyers, as can many home efficiency upgrades. After all, wouldn’t you want to move into a property where you can say goodbye to high energy bills?
- Go green – Solar power is abundant and sustainable, reducing your dependence on costly or imported fossil fuels. Not only will you be protecting the environment, but you’ll be contributing to U.S. energy independence.
- Civic-mindedness – Green energy jobs grow the local economy, and they can’t be outsourced. By installing solar panels, you’ll be contributing to the jobs of the future.
Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning is your local expert on solar power and other HVAC and energy efficiency topics. Contact us today for more on the benefits of going solar or to schedule a professional solar installation for your Fresno home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in the greater Fresno, California area about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about going solar and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “ssuaphotos/Shutterstock”