You are already enjoying spending more time out with friends thus far this summer but when you return home you probably want to come back to a cool home. If you have a reliable air conditioner, this won’t be too hard of an expectation to have fulfilled. On the other hand, if your AC unit is struggling a bit these days, you may be disappointed by what you feel when you come home.
A malfunctioning air conditioner is no small problem, especially at the beginning of summer. And, let us be clear, whatever the issue is, it will only worsen the longer it goes on. The sooner you schedule an air conditioning repair in Reedley, CA the better off you’ll be.
One of the earliest ways to tell something is off about your AC is to listen to it. Why? Because many repair needs cause your system to start making odd noises!
Get Repairs if Your AC Makes Any of These 5 Sounds
- Rattling: This noise is going to be caused by a loose part within your system. This is likely a bolt or screw that has begun to come loose and is now rattling around in its housing. The sooner you address this noise the better because it will only escalate.
- Hissing: Has your air conditioner begun to sound like an angry cat? Don’t mistake this for the sound of air coming from your system. Hissing is a problematic noise because it usually indicates a refrigerant leak. Make sure to have this sound checked out as soon as possible.
- Bubbling: Similar to hissing, the sound of bubbling is going to be an indicator of a problem with your refrigerant line. The difference here is that bubbling indicates the leak in the refrigerant line is in the area where the refrigerant is still in liquid form.
- Screeching: This is an unpleasant noise that hopefully prompts you to get it taken care of as soon as possible. The sound is usually created by metal-on-metal interaction such as when a blower motor belt needs lubrication or when a fan blade has come loose and is scraping around its housing. The longer this noise goes on the worse the damage will be.
- Clanging: Last but not least you may hear claiming or banging coming from your air conditioner. This sound will usually follow a rattling noise that was ignored for too long. The loose part that was causing the rattling noise will eventually break free and start bouncing around within your air conditioner creating this noise and a lot more damage.
Strange and concerning noises are often going to be the first warning sign of trouble from your air conditioner. This will usually be followed shortly by less comfort in higher energy bills. It stands to reason that getting your air conditioner checked out as soon as possible when it starts making strange noises is going to be your best bet. Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning is here to provide prompt and effective repairs when you need them.
We strive to provide honest answers and solutions to the problems our customers experience while remaining highly competitive in price and offer the fastest turnaround you can find! Schedule your AC repairs today.