Many people seem to think that California is a warm, sunny place to be throughout the entire year. This could not be further from the truth, though. Just step outside once the sun’s gone down tonight, and you’ll see that California actually has plenty of cold weather to throw our way. With that in mind, it should go without saying that you need a great heater installed in your home if you hope to make it through the coldest time of the year comfortably.
Now, we have to remind you that even the best heaters out there, even when properly installed and routinely maintained, are still going to require professional heating repairs at some point. There is simply no such as a 100% reliable heating system—or mechanical system in general, for that matter. If and when you do run into the need for heating repairs, remember that scheduling them as soon as possible is always going to be in your best interest. That also means that you need to know how to spot them, though.
Signs That You Need Heating Repairs in Clovis, CA
No matter how “minor” you may think that a problem with your heating system is, having that problem resolved promptly helps to prevent it from causing even more serious problems to develop. Because of this, we don’t really consider any problems with heating systems minor. Their symptoms, however, may be subtle. Here are a few tips to help you better understand the warning signs that heating repairs are needed.
- Increasing heating costs, despite the fact that you are not really using your heater any differently than is usual. Any number of problems could set back the efficiency with which your heater operates, and our team will diagnose the problem accurately and resolve it completely.
- Cool spots popping up throughout your home. Depending upon the type of heater that you use, this could be the result of leaky air ducts. It could also mean that you have an undersized system, if cold spots have always been an issue, or that a zone control system component is malfunctioning.
- Short cycling, meaning that your heater is starting up, but is only running briefly before cycling right back down. Short cycling can generate a lot of wear and tear that will lead to the development of new problems, so what the cause of the issue is, it needs to be fixed as soon as can be.
- Strange operating sounds, including grinding, screeching, or clanging sounds, or even a booming sound at startup that could indicate delayed ignition. This is not the easiest problem to ignore, but it is one that some homeowners seem to overlook so long as the heater is still heating the house.
- Odd odors, including burning or fuel odors. Make no mistake about this, such problem could indicate a potentially serious problem with your system.
Schedule your heating repairs with Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning. We strive to provide honest answers and solutions to the problems our customers experience while remaining highly competitive in price, and offer the fastest turnaround you can find!