Despite Fresno’s mild climate, furnaces and fireplaces still enjoy popularity here. In a home with these or any other fuel-burning appliances, a carbon monoxide detector could save a life someday.
Donald P. Dick Air Conditioning Blog: Posts Tagged ‘carbon monoxide detector’
Why Carbon Monoxide Detectors are ImportantTuesday, November 17th, 2015
IAQ 101: Carbon Monoxide Detector Testing TipsTuesday, April 21st, 2015
A necessary step in any home safety plan is working carbon monoxide detectors, and the only way to ensure they’re working is through regular testing. A carbon monoxide detector with a dead battery is worse than no detector at all, since it might impart a false sense of security.
You Could Be Vulnerable to Carbon Monoxide in Your HomeTuesday, October 28th, 2014
Being exposed to carbon monoxide (CO) in your home, even for just a short amount of time, can be very hazardous to you and your family, even potentially lethal. It’s important to take precautions against CO buildup, and know what to do in case this happens in your Fresno area home.
Your Indoor Air Quality: Check Up on 3 Common PollutantsThursday, November 14th, 2013
The indoor air quality of your Fresno area home is affected by many different factors. One of those is the presence and amount of indoor air contaminants, including carbon monoxide, radon, and mold and mildew.
The higher the amount and concentration of these contaminants in your home, the greater the health risks and potential damages to personal possessions and building materials. If you are concerned about your home’s indoor air quality, here are ways to test for the biggest home contaminants:
Safety Is A Must When Running A Gas FurnaceTuesday, December 18th, 2012
Heating with gas is one of the most efficient ways to warm your home, but when you’re running a gas furnace, safety has to come first. These recommendations can increase your safety, and your energy efficiency as well.
Carbon Monoxide Detection Could Save Your FamilyTuesday, October 11th, 2011
Combustion heating when maintained properly is a safe, viable option for household comfort. If neglected, however, certain aspects of your system can become dangerous to your family. Ventilation issues, cracked combustion chambers and duct leaks all can lead to backdrafting, circulating harmful gases such as carbon monoxide through your home. If this were to occur in your home, carbon monoxide detection could save your family.